One-Day Kayak Rentals in the San Juan Islands
Our one day sea kayak rentals provide you with the boating equipment and instruction and a chance to explore protected Griffin Bay at your leisure. Your day rental begins at 10:45 AM and you determine how long you want to paddle. You just need to return before sunset! Reservations are required and for most of the season there is a two boat minimum required.
Info and Logistics
Cost: $195 per day per double kayak, plus sales tax. Group discounts available. A 50% deposit is due at time of booking with the balance charged 45 days prior to departure date. If you are registering within 45 days of your trip date, full payment is required.
Difficulty: Moderate. Participants must be in average or better physical condition, experienced in the outdoors and able to paddle for sustained periods in rough conditions.
Minimum Age: 16 when accompanied by a parent or supervising adult. Call us before booking to confirm.
Transporting: Price includes transportation from our kiosk to and from the launch site in Griffin Bay.
Optional Services: If you wish to paddle somewhere other than spectacular Griffin Bay, we have foam saddles and straps to attach your rental kayak to any vehicle. We can also deliver to your location. Please notify us prior to booking if you require any optional services. Additional fees apply.
Cancellations: With notice 7 days or more prior to departure date a 100% refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
Information We Provide: We give you great ideas on where to go and what to look for – as well as safety information about paddling the waters around San Juan Island. For the best opportunity to see wildlife in one day on the water, we recommend a Guided Day Tour with one of our incredible guides. Groups are small and personal.
What You Might See
- Harbor seals
- Dall’s and harbor porpoise
- River otters
- Bald eagles
- And many other migratory and local bird species
What We Supply
- Quality fiberglass double sea kayaks (Seascape II’s by NW Kayaks)
- Werner carbon-fiber paddles
- Patagonia or Extrasport PFD’s
- Snap Dragon Design spray skirts
- Bailing pumps & sponges
- Spare gear/parts in waterproof gear box
- ThermaRest seat cushions
- Cockpit covers
- Transportation to and from our kiosk to our launch site on Griffin Bay
- Thorough instruction on beach before you launch
What You Bring
- Water shoes
- Layered clothing
- Rain coat with hood (GoreTex or comparable)
- Water bottle full of water
- Lunch or snacks
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- At the time of reservation we will send you a complete equipment list and clothing list for your self-guided day trip.