All recommended lodging options below are within walking distance of the ferry landing in Friday Harbor.
- Friday Harbor Grand: Owner Farhad plays a grand piano while you check in or enjoy a scrumptious breakfast. A classical B&B.
- Discovery Inn: Nice rooms at reasonable prices. One-night reservations accepted. One mile from ferry.
- Tucker House Inn: Quaint and comfy with shared hot tub very close to center of town.
- Argyle House B&B: Good breakfasts six blocks from ferry.
- Bird Rock Hotel: A boutique hotel right in the center of town. Gourmet continental breakfasts.
- Friday Harbor House: Great view of the harbor and popular restaurant on site right in town.
- The Island Inn at 123 West: Euro-style rooms with a first-class view of the harbor.
- Harrison House: Perched on a hilltop two blocks from the ferry dock with classy rooms.
- Hillside House Bed and Breakfast: Quiet location just on the outskirts of town w/ delicious, hearty breakfasts.
- Courtyard Suite Friday Harbor: Nice units just behind our outdoor kayak center kiosk and close to great bakery and shops.
- Kirk House Bed and Breakfast: Enjoy the comfort and relaxation of a bygone era.
- VRBO: Discover a selection of vacation rentals in Friday Harbor that are perfect for your trip. Use the map to narrow down selections that are within walking distance of the ferry.
You will be pleasantly surprised by both the variety and quality of dining choices offered on San Juan Island, many within walking distance in Friday Harbor. Go to the Visit San Juans website to view a list of dining options.
Guide-Recommended Island Must-Sees
- Pelindaba Lavender Farm: 150 First Street S · Tel: 360-378-4248
Spread over 25 beautiful acres with lake and Olympic Mountain views, has become one of the San Juans’ most popular visitor destinations. More than 200 lavender-based, botanical, culinary, personal care, therapeutic, household & pet care products are handcrafted and sold on-site.
- The Whale Museum: 62 First Street N · Tel: 360-378-4710
A natural history museum located in Friday Harbor, Washington. Founded in 1979, The Whale Museum is dedicated to the interpretation of whales in the wild. Its mission is to promote the stewardship of wild whales in the Salish Sea ecosystem through education and research programs.
- Westcott Bay Shellfish Company: 904 Westcott Drive · Tel: 360-378-248
A shellfish farm and restaurant, growing oysters, clams and mussels. Open seasonally to the public. From Memorial Day to Labor Day open Wednesdays -Mondays 11-5 (closed Tuesdays). Off-season (September – April), open Saturdays 12-3PM. Reservations for eating at the Tide Tables highly recommended.
- San Juan Island Brewing Co.: 410 A Street · Tel: 360-378-2017
Locally crafted on scenic San Juan Island in the idyllic town of Friday Harbor, San Juan Island Brewing Co is your local, independent craft brewery serving traditional Ales and Lagers that represent the delicate balance of flavor and drinkability. Serving San Juan Brew alongside exceptional Wood Stone fired Pizza, Burgers, and other Pub style offerings.
- San Juan Island Sculpture Park: 9083 Roche Harbor Road · Tel: 360-370-5050
The 20-acre Westcott Bay Sculpture Park near Roche Harbor features over 150 sculptures, set in grassy fields along five trails winding along meadows, woods, a natural pond and beautiful Westcott Bay.
We have excellent relationships with everyone on the Island. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out for a question!