Multi-Day Kayak Rentals in the San Juan Islands
We specialize in multi-day rentals and will work closely with you in creating a safe and memorable adventure! All multi-day rentals include a detailed itinerary planned for you based on the number of days, campsites, tides and currents, alternate routes, campsite departure times etc.
Info and Logistics
Cost: $115 per day (for 3 or more days; $125 per day for 2 days) per double kayak, plus sales tax. A 50% deposit is due at time of booking with the balance charged 45 days prior to departure date. If you are registering within 45 days of your trip date, full payment is required. Thank you.
Duration: minimum of two days/one night; you choose how many days you want.
Difficulty: moderate to hard. Participants must be in good to excellent physical condition, experienced in the outdoors, able to lift kayaks and gear up and down the beach and able to paddle for sustained periods in inclement conditions.
Minimum Age: 16 when accompanied by a parent
Cancellations: With notice 7 days or more prior to departure date a 100% refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
Information We Provide: We give you great ideas on where to go and what to look for – as well as safety information about paddling the waters around San Juan Island. For the best opportunity to see wildlife in one day on the water, we recommend a Guided Day Tour with one of our incredible guides. Groups are small and personal.
What You Might See
- Harbor seals
- Dall’s and harbor porpoise
- River otters
- Bald eagles
- And many other migratory and local bird species
What We Supply
- Quality fiberglass double sea kayaks (Seascape II’s by NW Kayaks)
- Werner carbon-fiber paddles
- Patagonia or Extrasport PFD’s
- Snap Dragon Design spray skirts
- Bailing pumps & sponges
- Spare gear/parts in waterproof gear box
- ThermaRest seat cushions
- Cockpit covers
- Detailed equipment list and logistical info sent to you upon registration
- Detailed, written route itinerary including daily launch times, campsites, hiking opportunities, beach breaks, water resupply, alternate routes, etc.
- Transportation to and from our kiosk to our launch site on Griffin Bay
- Thorough instruction on beach before you launch
What You Bring
- Tents, sleeping bags and pads
- Cooking stove, pots, etc.
- All meals and snacks
- Camping clothing
- Water shoes
- Water containers
* At the time of reservation we will send you a complete equipment list and packing instructions for your self-guided trip. You should be prepared to provide all your camping equipment. We do have tents, sleeping bags and ThermaRest sleeping pads available for rent, if you don’t want to bring your own.
Please notify us at the time of your booking if you require any optional services. Additional fees may apply.
- Take the boat to a launch site of your choice on your own vehicle – $35 fee for foam saddles, straps and attachment to your vehicle
- Delivery of kayak(s) to your beachfront location and pick up – fee varies by distance. (Note: San Juan County Park does not allow delivery or pick up of rental boats.)